01 Mar 2011
Spring 2011 Newsletter
The 2011 IRHPS Committee was elected at the IRHPS AGM at the Autumn Conference September 2010. The Committee is as follows:
Outgoing Chairperson: Shona Lee firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson: Miriam Molloy email@example.com
Secretary: Ursula Bond firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Secretary: Eimear Lyons email@example.com
Treasurer: Ciara O’Loughlin firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Treasurer: Eileen Shinners email@example.com
Education Officer: Susan Somerville firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Education Officer: Rhona Galway email@example.com
Committee Member: Bindu Irudayaraj Bindu.Irudayaraj@hse.ie
The next two IRHPS Committee Meetings are Wednesday 6th April and Wednesday 7th September 2011. Submissions for funding need to be in prior to the meetings.
The IRHPS committee is pleased to be able to offer a wide range of bursaries to all IRHPS members. Full details on application are available on the IRHPS website (www.irhps.ie) but a short synopsis is given below. Many thanks to the drug companies who sponsor them.
MSD Educational Travel Bursary to BSR for IRHPS Members
- An Educational Bursary to the value of €2,000 to enable three IRHPS members to attend the BSR/BHPR Annual Scientific Meeting
Pfizer Educational Bursary
- An Educational Bursary to the value of €2,000, available to IRHPS members of 2 consecutive years of more to apply for to fund educational visits, training, dissemination of rheumatology research or undertaking research. The details and application form are available to download on the IRHPS website.
Abbott Laboratories ACR Educational Travel Bursary
- An Educational Travel Bursary to the value of €2,500 to enable the winner to travel to the ACR Scientific Meeting based on their submission of a 2,000 word report on ‘Practice Innovations in Rheumatology’.
Roche EULAR Educational Travel Bursary
- An Educational bursary to the value of €2,000 to enable two members attendance at the EULAR Meeting based on the two winning posters from the IRHPS representative group at the annual Autumn Scientific Meeting.
- A bursary of €2,500 to support members in attending the Spring and Autumn meetings. For the Autumn meeting, this will be given to poster submission entrants.
The ISR/IHPS Autumn Scientific Meeting will be on 29th and 30th September in Sligo this year. The IRHPS Committee want to encourage all members to consider submission of a poster at the ISR/IRHPS Autumn Scientific Meeting this year. Further details on abstract submission dates and poster guidelines will be available on the IRHPS website in due course.
The theme being planned for the Autumn Scientific Meeting this year is Practice Innovations, Health Economics and Community Care Integration. The IRHPS Committee welcomes submissions by anyone who has commenced or been involved in a practice innovation and would be willing to deliver a short session to the IRHPS meeting at the Autumn meeting.